There is nowhere to run. Rocketry could hardly get a few people onto the moon 50 years ago and the technology did not improve substantially since then. It had reached a plateau. Physics does not allow us to leave this Pale Blue Dot.
Mankind is evacuating into space! How convenient to first destroy the planet and then just run away without looking back.
ESCAPE is a 2.5D puzzle platformer about wildlife that we leave behind. It's a submission to js13kGames 2021; the theme of the jam was Space. The original game was 13 KB zipped; the Itch.io release is a post-jam version that's about 18 KB.
- Desktop: ARROWS to move, SPACE to grab objects.
- Mobile: HOLD to move, DOUBLE-TAP to grab objects.
- 3 maps with environmental puzzles of increasing difficulty.
- Skeletal animations of all animals, and a procedurally animated tail of the fox.
- Dynamic environment: real-time shadows, procedural sound track, rigid body physics.
- Dynamically adjusted quality settings for low-spec devices.
- Apple devices: the game requires iOS 15 or iPadOS 15, and Safari 15 on macOS.
- Pulling is more efficient than pushing :)