Remember playing Risk when you were a kid? What if you could recreate the feeling of excitement mixed with the frustration when the dice roll a bunch of 1s? Look no further — Mirrorisk is your (not) favorite board game, as a video game, playable right here in the browser. Except it's not exactly how you remember it.
Play the board game classic on a weirdly familiar yet uncomfortable map of the Mirrored Earth. West is East and East is West in this virtual cardboard rendition of the 1957's Risk. The rules have changed, too: the game ends the first time a player is eliminated, so be sure to protect the underdogs before you take the lead!
Mirrorisk is a submission to Gamedev.js 2021 Jam. The theme of the jam was mirror. We recommend playing in fullscreen or at https://piesku.com/mirrorisk/play.
Version 1.1 (May 6, 2021)
- Added the UI to configure the game.
- You can now choose between 2 and 5 players, pick team colors and names.
- It's now possible to play a hot seat game with other people.
- It's also possible to host an AI-only game :)
- Added support for touch interfaces. The UI is optimized for tablets; mobile form-factors are not supported.
- You can now end the deployment phase before deploying all units.
Bug fixes and other improvements
- Optimized textures to reduce the size of the game from 24 MB to 10 MB.
- Optimized spatial audio panners for much better performance in the late game when there are many units on the board.
- Fixed the freeze that happened when the user misclicked on another unit when giving orders to an army.
- Fixed issues with the mouse wheel which zoomed the game and scrolled the parent itch.io page at the same time.
- Fixed a bug which caused accidental deploys when the user clicked buttons in the UI.
- Fixed the singular forms of nouns like army and territory, when the count is 1.
Version 1.0 (April 26, 2021)
- Originally submitted to Gamedev.js 2021 Jam.
- You can still play it at https://piesku.com/mirrorisk/1.0/.
- Select and command armies with the left click.
- Pan the camera with the left mouse button pressed.
- Rotate the camera with the right mouse button pressed.
- Zoom the camera with the mouse wheel.
Subscribed users will see more variety in army models. Besides the infantry, you'll play as light cavalry and artillery.
- Shadows don't work on Chrome on macOS.
- Workaround: Please use Safari or Firefox.
- Army pawns by BroamChomsky, licensed under CC BY-NC 4.0.
- Textures from CC0Textures.com, licensed under CC0 1.0 Universal.
- Map by gappyfacets, licensed under CC 0.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.